Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mary Alice Park On Lake Lanier

Happy New Year Everyone! I have been ignoring my blogging duties because of the recent upsurge in real estate activity here on Lake Lanier. Lots of folks are coming from different parts of the United States to see what we've got here on Lanier. We are experiencing a real cold snap the last few days. Extremely windy conditions have made the weather some of the coldest and bitter conditions that I have experienced here in a long time. I had to travel north, to the Chestatee River area yesterday and as I viewed property I was stunned at how the winds were really whipping up the waters. The white caps were impressive yesterday! I visited a few of the parks and they were empty of visitors. Not many boaters in the cold. At any rate, I have finally managed to edit and organize my last set of photos. They were taken right around New Years Eve 2005 at Mary Alice Park in Cumming, Georgia on Lake Lanier. The park is located at the end of Mary Alice Park Road. It is a large park with easy access to the lake and a nice long beach area. The grounds are wooded in areas and very indicative of North Georgia, the beach area was very impressive as well! There is a lot of talk about what may evolve from this park area in the future. I have read articles about the possibility of creating a boardwalk type area with shops, a resort and dining along the lake's shoreline in what is now the park. It could get very interesting and exciting here at Mary Alice in the next few years! Well, that's all for now. And, of course, be sure to check out my photos at the link above!

No comments: