Thursday, January 08, 2009

Lake Lanier Housing Inventory

Today we are taking a look at the housing inventory on Lake Lanier to see how many homes with dock permits are presently for sale, the price range and other aspects of the market. According to my stats that I review, I am seeing 354 homes for sale. The prices range from $4,500,000 on the high end down to an opening price point of $98,000. That's a very wide range and indicative of the idea that there is something for everyone here on the lake. Many of the homes may have docks that are part of a community with a multi slip marina inside the neighborhood where the homeowner can lease or purchase a designated slip.

We made a trip out to the U.S. Army Corps Of Engineers Office at Buford Dam this morning in order to take a few photos. As we crossed Buford Dam, the posted water level for Lake Lanier was 1055.58. Wow! That's an incredible jump from a few weeks ago, and the highest level we've seen since back in the late summer. As I got out of the car to take a photo of the main office, I noticed a lot of Corps employees in the parking lot, prepping for the work day. I decided not to take the photos, as I didn't feel that I could get a worthy pic. No sooner did I return to my car when there was a tap on the window. One of the friendly Park Rangers asking why I was taking photos of the office. He asked me for my business card and details of identification. Well, I had all of the requirements to verify who I was and why I was taking photos. I encouraged him to visit my website and confirm my identity. Photo or not, the experience was evidence that we're pretty secure down here at the USACE Main Office! Thanks for checking!

www.LakeSidneyLanierHomes.com

No comments: