Friday, November 18, 2005

Cardamuros Italian Cafe

I got the call last night! You know, the one from the tired, hungry wife? Still stuck in Atlanta traffic and not due to arrive home until about 7:30 P.M. This called for emergency service. So I called my good friend Pasquale, owner and Executive Chef at Cardamuros Italian Cafe! He's always there and ready to help. Last night, he helped out with a delicious Italian meal of Pizza, Antipasto Platter, and a little hot soup. Man, that's great stuff! I headed out after dark, crossing Buford Dam for the short 10 minute drive. What I saw was magnificent. The night's full moon was shining across the serene waters of Lake Lanier! Smooth as silk and looking virtually untouched. As I drove further, I noticed the lighted Christmas tree at Lake Lanier Islands towering in the distance. I arrived at Cardamuros and Pasquale was there at a busy dining seen. Always cordial and efficient, he delivered the feast with a couple of laughs, and I headed back home with the loot. As I crossed Buford Dam again, I pulled over and tried for the photo in the darkness. It was just too dark and distant. So I passed, but stored the memory. Living at Lake Lanier graces us with many pleasures. Sunsets, phenomenal night drives, and Cardamuros Italian food are just a few!

No comments: