Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lunch Spots Around Lake Lanier


As a realtor on Lake Lanier, I travel all areas around the lake on a daily basis. Last week, my travels took me north of Gainesville to preview a home located near Hwy. 129. I have driven this stretch of highway hundreds of times, and I must admit that I have never tried Johnny's Bar-B-Que! Well, last week was the end of the temptation. The place is practically an institution. It's everything a great bar-b-que joint should be. Lots of pickup trucks, expanded gravel parking lot, two buildings (one for cooking and one for eating), a lot of lunch patrons, and great food. It's a simple menu of sandwiches and lunch plates. The usual pork, chicken, or beef, and of course ribs and Brunswick stew. I did my share of chowing, and I can guarantee you that I'll be returning frequently! This little place knows bar-b-que and it is a great place to eat and watch the locals. Don't miss this stop next time you're in Gainesville. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: